So I saw this pin on pinterest, and I thought it would be interesting to try here.
Two things that you’ve never done, but would love to try:
- Throwing ceramics on a wheel.
- Hot yoga.
One thing that might scare others, but does not scare you is:
- Public speaking / speaking in front of a crowd.
Two things in your life, or the world around you that are changing:
- We, and our friends, are reaching the age where we are becoming caretakers, or planning for future caretaking, of our parents and grandparents. It’s increasingly common to have discussions with people our age about how we plan to handle (or refuse to handle) what we see happening.
- I am really trying to get a handle on my health. I’ve been working out regularly, working with a nutrition coach, attempting (very irregularly) to meditate, and I have realized I need to sleep more (even though) I haven’t manged to make any progress there yet. I feel both better and more sore and tired at the same time.
One thing you’re thinking about, but not ready to talk about yet:
- A thing which I presume I will eventually inherit from my parents, and whether I actually want it or not, and how it will impact familial relations with various people.
Three things about this time of year:
- The gorgeous colors of the sunset silhouetting the bare black tree branches as I leave work in the evening signal that the days are getting longer and the light will return soon.
- After the business of fall, the empty white spaces on my calendar from January through March give me a season of rest and lying fallow while the world outside sleeps through the end of winter.
- I love the clean “blank slate” feeling of January when it seems like anything is possible in the upcoming year.
Three little things that mean a lot:
- Remembering and celebrating someone’s birthday without being prompted by bookface.
- Picking up a conversation with a friend you haven’t seen in a while, and it’s like there was never any time lapse since you last saw them.
- Sitting in silence with a friend, without saying anything at all, and it not being uncomfortable or either one of you feeling neglected.
Where does your mind wander to?