February didn’t have a new moon, so March will actually have two TUSAL checkins. It’s hard for me to see where there’s been a lot added in the last month since I’ve really only been working one pattern and all the colors are so similar. I’m *really* ready to get done with the Fireman Sampler and move on to something that isn’t so red.
Speaking of the Fireman Sampler, I didn’t get it finished by end of February as I was planning. There are two main shades of red used for the border and the items in the sampler. I grabbed the border red and used it instead of the correct color for half of a fire hydrant. At that point, I was so disgusted (this is the second time that I’ve half-finished a part with the wrong red) that I set the whole thing aside for a few days and a stitched up a Christmas ornament that I owed a friend. My instinct is to leave the red that I’ve stitched already an d adjust the other colors, but I need to finish the rest of the border to make sure I have enough of the red to do both. So, still going to finish it before I start something else, but I’m cranky about it.