Hi. Thanks for dropping by — pull up a chair and make yourself comfy. This is the first time that I’ve participated, so here’s the cliff notes version:
- I started writing when I was dealing with infertility — it took almost four years to get pregnant with Mini, and then only 4 months of trying to get his sister, Smaller . They’re 21 months apart. We want to have one or two more kids if we can, but we’re taking a definite break to a) let me completely heal from the last two pregnancies b) get at least one of them out of diapers and c) to hopefully get at least a full night’s sleep at some point.
- I’m an engineer by profession, watching my career slowly evolve into management.
- I got all the way through my coursework and passed my comps for my PhD, but I couldn’t deal with the dissertation with two kids, so I dropped out last summer.
- I’m a PC and I have a droid. I’m probably one of the few people who finds the iPad completely non-intuitive.
- I enjoy red wine, amaretto sours, cross-stitching, classic sci-fi, and strong coffee. I used to enjoy yoga, but haven’t had time to go to a session in years.
- I’ve gotten turned on to feminist blogs and now I see the patriarchal/corporatization of our culture everywhere I look. Once you know it’s there, you can’t not see it.
- I’m starting to explore simplifying/downsizing my life.
Welcome — I look forward to meeting all of you.