Results from appt yesterday:
- I really need to shave my legs (no, they didn’t say that, but I wasn’t expecting a pants-off visit and I was quite embarrassed)
- I gained 1 lb in the last month per their scale
- blood pressure is just fine
- baby’s heartbeat is 148 bpm
- fundal height ~ 33 cm
- my cervix is still long/thick/closed
- something I never would have guessed, but it came up in the childbirth class and I had to confirm — my OB will do the circumcision for us. Ask me why, but I never would have put that particular task to them. Anyway, if we want it done (which I am leaving up to the Manly), they use the plastibell method. Which I obviously need to google since I have no idea what that means.
Results from the hospital tour yesterday:
- They’ve remodeled the labor rooms since my SIL gave birth, and they are MUCH nicer. Still no fridge in-room though.
- If they think that I’m not going to eat or drink anything but ice chips while I’m in labor, they’re crazy.
- Now that I’ve SEEN a 7 lb 14 oz baby up close (they had a fresh one in the nursery when we passed by), I am terrified. How is something that BIG going to come out of me? Those things aren’t little at all…
Results from looking in the mirror last night:
- Fuck. That IS a set of stretch marks starting to develop.
- HOLY FUCK — my belly button just shed its skin. I didn’t know that your belly button could peel.