I’ve been wanting to write this down, but just haven’t got around to it yet. It’s all those mundane little things that I want for posterity, so it may be a little boring for the rest of y’all.
- Until about week 8, I wasn’t feeling bad at all. I woke up naseauous twice in week 7, but at W8 is when the nausea really kicked in. The last two days have been GOOD and I’m hoping that I’m turning the corner. I’m not actually throwing up often (if you don’t count gagging myself on my toothbrush every morning), but the ever-present feeling like I could throw up is not fun.
- Things that are always good: whole wheat goldfish crackers, elf club crackers, ginger ale, sweet tea. Things that are sometimes good and sometimes bad: most everything else. Things that are always bad: marinara sauce? I can’t stand to watch olive garden commercials. Fish almost always “thinks” good, but I haven’t gotten far enough to actually try cooking or eating any. I have come close to having someone-needs-to-feed-the-crazy-pregnant-lady-because-I-can’t-stand-to-walk-in-the-kitchen-but-I’m-HUNGRY breakdowns a few times.
- I’ve been measuring my waist, not taking pictures, but I think I need to start doing that this weekend. So far, my waist is only up 1/2 – 1 inch. My size 12s are too tight in the waist now, but the 14s are still comfy.
- My b.oobs, on the other hand, were 3″ bigger around last week. I haven’t measured this week. I’m afraid. I had to buy a new dress for my cousin’s wedding because none of mine would zip at the top. Think a short Nigella Lawson, and you’d be pretty close right now.
- This week I’ve varied between being +3 and +6 lbs from the beginning of this shindig.
- I am so very constipated. Yes, I know you ALL wanted to know that.
- I am exhausted. Really and truly. Tonight is a late night at, oh, 9:00. Last weekend, after the wedding, we went to dinner, then back to the hotel. I feel asleep within 30 minutes without taking off my jewelry or brushing my teeth. Not my finest moment. This has been constant for the entire time — one of the things that tipped me off and made me take a test was how tired I was.
- I’m getting weird little pulls and twinges around my hip/pelvic joints. It happens most often when I’ve been sitting and I stand up quickly or lie down flat on the bed. I’m guessing these are related to round ligament pains, but they’re not really painful — just sharp. Once I take a breath and straighten out slowly, they go away.
- My abdominal muscles are freaking sore. The upper abs (right at my ribs) were owie during the first few weeks (5-8? 9?) like I had been doing situps (excuse me while I go laugh heartily at that idea). Last weekend, it was my lower abs, kind of like my uterus wanted to pop out, but the muscles are still holding it in.
- My legs ITCH. Especially on the front of my shins and the front of my quads. My coworker caught me scratching yesterday and was like, “Yep, you’re going to be doing that the whole time.” SIL told me she used to use cortizone cream instead of lotion when she got out of the shower. I’m not looking forward to this.
- I’ve developed insomnia. I never used to have problems sleeping, but now I have problems waking up multiple times in the night and not being able to get back to sleep for hours. The dogs are about to get kicked out of the bedroom if they don’t quit licking their feet or pretending to puke (yep, the little one pretends) or snoring or whatever the noise of the night is. Manly came to bed last night after I had been asleep an hour, and woke me up, and THEN WOULDN’T GO BACK DOWNSTAIRS AND BRING ME CHOCOLATE MILK!!! He will be punished, when I think up something suitable for such a heinous infraction.
- I’m still hesitant about telling people. My family knows, Manly’s family knows, our close friends know, my work knows … but I can’t bring myself to put it on facebook. I want to get through the next dr. appt. (5/5) and then I’ll probably tell. I know that the chances of Bad Things Happening are very small, but they’re still there. And I’m still afraid.
I’m still trying to process how I actually feel about this whole situation. Maybe we’ll save that for next time.