My advice to you:
- When computer-y people tell you to power down your external hard drive before pulling the plug/disconnecting from the computer or you’ll corrupt it, THEY AREN’T PLAYING AROUND.
- If you disregard their advice and unplug the f*er without turning it off first and corrupt your file allocation table, I highly recommend a program called photorec to recover your, oh, 4287 photos and files you had stored on the now defunct hard drive. What do you mean, hard copy backup?
- Seriously, make a hard copy backup on CD or *gasp* actually print out the really important stuff. You’ll thank me 2 days, 12 hours of work, and 10 GB of data later.
- Has anyone tried the “migraine diet” and had a significant improvement from it? For whatever reason, my migraines have ramped up over the last few months and I am burning through imitrex. I don’t really want to go on a preventative because my doc would want me back on birth control. Paradoxically, the birth control triggers my migraines.
- eta: I almost forgot my second question. Is there a way to make green tea taste good? I tried some this morning, and it tasted (literally) like burnt french fries. Did I do something wrong, or did I just get some bad tea, or is that what it’s supposed to taste like?