Alright, I have had an Idea. My 10-year high school reunion is coming up this weekend. So I am taking this opportunity to host a contest for my faithful readers who continue to hang around this popsicle stand. Starting right now, I am going to start accepting bets on how many times next weekend that I get asked
“So do you have any kids?”
Rules are as follows:
- You have to leave a comment with a real email address or blog contact (some way for me to know who you are, basically) stating your guess. And remember, you have to be willing to give me your real-life address if you win so that I can mail you your prize. If you aren’t the winner, you don’t have to hand over your details, so don’t worry.
- The winner will be the person who guesses the closest without going over.
- In case of a tie, the first commenter to leave that particular number will be the winner.
- Guesses will be accepted until midnight Saturday night, July 12. At that point, the carriage turns into a pumpkin and I start counting the results.
- I will be counting variants of the question, so things like “How many kids do you have?” or “Are you pregnant?” will be included in the total.
So background to help you guess: this is a two-day, three-gathering reunion. Friday night, we’ll be at a bar from 8pm til 2 am. Saturday afternoon there is a picnic at the school campus from 10am til 1pm. And Saturday night, there’s a dinner at a nice restaurant from 6pm til 8pm. I’m letting the deadline for guesses run later than that in case some of us end up going out afterwards. There will probably be between 100 and 150 classmates show up. Now remember, I haven’t spoken to hardly any of these people in ten years; a few have emailed me in the last few months since the reunion website went live, but not many. And I don’t have any kids listed (obviously) on the reunion website, facebook, or myspace.
And what do you have the opportunity to win? Well, it’s going to be a Sharah-made “Just Relax” gift basket! Chock full of all the little things that help me “just relax.” Even though it’s been completely unsuccessful in getting me knocked up, maybe that little extra bit of calm will help you reach the blissful state of parenthood. And if you’re already there, well obviously it’s not going to hurt you either.
So game on! Leave your guesses in the comments! And if I can get the basket pulled together this week, I’ll see if I can get a picture of your prize up before I leave on Friday. On your mark, get set, go!