days left in this job. Well, 4 1/2 by this point in the day.
Oh, hi! Remember me? Yeah, got a new job. Start next Monday. Losing my mind trying to wrap things up here.
Post brewing on predestination/free will … again. I know you’re sick of hearing it. I’m sick of thinking about it. But with the new job and the way things are shaking out around here, I just can’t let go.
For your homework,
1. Go read this post and think about the last few lines:
“…the past is malleable, that chance masquerades as fate, and that, when you look back, by some trick of the light, all roads seem to lead inevitably to exactly the place you’re standing.”
2. Add another quote that I love:
“Don’t congratulate yourself too much, or berate yourself either. Your choices are half chance. So are everybody else’s.”
3. Now, answer me this: have you ever thought that events occurred in YOUR life in order to make way for someone else’s dreams to come true? As in, you were the tool (unintended pun there) fate manipulated to create an opportunity for another person. So in essence, it didn’t matter what happened to you as a result.
4. Extra credit: is luck something that everyone has an equal shot at getting, or do people create their own luck?
5. Extra extra credit: do you believe in karma?
I’m asking these things very seriously. I really do want your answers, whether you leave a comment or want to take a shot at an entire post of your own.
Go forth and ponder.