Tomorrow I’m planning on doing a photo post of how my recipes turned out, so I’m doing my thankfulness post tonight. This year, I’m thankful for:
- my wonderful husband, who understands me and accepts me for what I am
- my family here in town, in my hometown, and in Northern City
- old friends who have known me for years and understand the history behind my actions
- new friends who understand how my life has changed since January and what that means for my future
- the financial security to follow my dreams and pursue my future
- my newfound sense of self and the people who have helped me see my strengths
- my shiny new niece, who joined us safe and healthy (despite the secret fears of her too-informed aunt)
- my supervisor, who has seen me through the first five years of my career and the job-related crises of the past few weeks
- the things that make life easier and/or more enjoyable
- my faith, which has been through fire this year, and come out as something that I can truly believe in
In the spirit of anonymity, I’m leaving names and details out of this list, but if you feel like you fit in one of these categories, you probably do. I’m thankful that I found the infertility community, and I’m thankful to each and every one of you who has reached out to me or responded when I reached out to you. You have been my lifeline this year — I don’t know how I could have made it through without your support.
Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.