Thank you all for your comments yesterday — they helped keep me afloat when I just wanted to go bury my head under the covers. I wanted to explain one thing; several of you mentioned taking a break, but I don’t think that’s going to help right now. I’m simply not in the headspace where I could be comfortable taking a cycle off. It would be worse for me to spend a month anxious and upset than to get right back in the saddle (pun intended) and start again. Also, I have no desire to cycle during the holidays, so I only have 2-3 more chances this year to cycle before I stop around Thanksgiving.
CD3 bloodwork and u/s this morning, everything looked good. Nurse ES mentioned that if this cycle doesn’t work, Dr. Local will probably want to move on to something else. I’m assuming that “something else” is probably going to be an IUI. The good side of that, if there is one, is that I have a return visit scheduled for the 27th to sit down and talk with the good doc about where I stand and what his plan is for the future. I’ve got a list of questions started, and I want to see if you guys can think of anything else to add.
- Why isn’t this working?
- Can you explain why I cramp all through my luteal phase?
What is tested during my CD3 bloodwork? Do you ever do a beta?Edited: I just asked Nurse ES this when she called to confirm this cycle. They test estradiol, progesterone, Hcg, FH, and LH on day 3. Follow-up on ~CD14 rechecks estradiol, progesterone, and FH to compare with the CD3 baseline.
- Have I ever had a very low beta to indicate a CP?
- What is the value of getting a beta done on 14dpo when I have a 16-day LP?
- Why is my LP so long?
- Why have you never tested my 7dpo progesterone levels?
- Talk more about the HSG results. What does the apparent blockage indicate? How can you be sure that the tube really is open?
- How many more cycles do you recommend before moving to IUI?
- Will you do another HSG before an IUI? What about a laparoscopy?
- If we do an IUI will I need gonadatrophins or simply femara?
- What were Manly SA results? (Exact numbers, not just “normal”)
- When we first started, you were very confident that simply medication and timed intercourse would work. What are your thoughts now?
Is there anything else I need to add to that list?
Edited: Just got the go-ahead for this cycle — femara and trigger, as expected. However, they’ve asked me to push my return visit off until September 17th “just in case” I get pg this cycle. That will be right at the start of my next cycle, which makes sense if we need to start an IUI cycle.