Apparently the best way to deal with a 2ww is to submerge yourself in work – that’s where I’ve been and where I will continue to be until next Tuesday. I’m trying to come round and read posts here and there, so hopefully I won’t be too far behind when I manage to come up for air.
20. I started going grey when I was 13, and now have a witch’s stripe over my left temple. There’s more filling in the back of my head, but it’s not as obvious. Because of this, I’ve dyed my hair since I was 18.
21. I read about 100 pages an hour – which means I plowed through HP7 in two four-hour sittings. Loved it. So sad that the series is over.
22. I collect those promotional stress-squeezy toys that companies hand out at conferences. I’ve got 16 of them sitting on my windowsill right now. Our marketing director, who is a friend of mine, calls me a “promo-item whore.” My answer: guilty as charged.
23. I saw a personal trainer for the first time yesterday. I could only do three push-ups – how sad is that?
24. Although I’m going to be working with a trainer (call her N) twice a week, I’m also planning on starting the Couch to 5K program from C.ool R.unning. I’ve started the program before, got 2/3 of the way through, and then just … quit. This time, I really want to get to the point where I can run the entire 5k.
25. I dream in color, never in black and white. Most nights I don’t remember my dreams because the alarm clock interrupts them. If I wake up on my own without the alarm, I do pretty well at remembering what I was dreaming.
26. I have nightmares about: stairs falling out from under me/being on a staircase that’s falling, missing or forgetting my classes/homework/tests, and being bare-ass naked in public.
27. My favorite flowers are hyacinths. Wisteria runs a close second. I can’t stand carnations, even though they were my sorority’s flower. I want to plant crepe myrtles in my yard, but Manly won’t let me.
28. The only dead body I’ve ever seen was my grandmother’s. My grandfather and my godmother both had closed-casket funerals, and I’ve missed all of the other family funerals in recent years.
29. I don’t like writing with plain ball-point point pens. I have to use the roller-ball style with liquid ink or felt-tips.
30. I go to C.hick F.il A just to buy diet lemonade. Theirs is best evah.
31. My favorite textbook is my Lapin Probability and Statistics for Modern Engineers. Yes, I know exactly how much of a nerd I am to even have a favorite textbook in the first place.
32. I have used D.egree deodorant in the Shower Clean smell since I was in the 7th grade.
33. I “see” numbers as colors when I have to memorize them. For example, the number 2 is yellow and the number 7 is green. It’s easier for me to remember the colors than it is the numbers.
34. I prefer Christmas Eve to Christmas day because of the anticipation. I always feel let-down after all the presents are opened.
35. I’ve already started shopping for Christmas presents.
36. I am not a morning person. It takes me an hour or two to ease into the day after I get to work; that’s usually when I check email and blogs.
37. My favorite coffee treat is a mocha with whipped cream. I’m thinking about going and picking one up later this morning after I write some more.
38. I keep a paperweight in the shape of a conch shell on my desk. It makes me very happy to look at it; I don’t know why.
39. I have seriously considered getting a tattoo of a conch shell on my lower back.
40. I am very anxious for football season to begin. To me, there is little in life that’s better than kicking back on a crisp fall Saturday afternoon and watching my team kick the shit out of our arch-rival.