11. I wear a lot of black and white. According to some website I found once, this means that I prefer to have clearly defined boundaries in my life: work/home, private/public, good/bad. It’s true.
12. I also wear heels almost every day. I’m only 5’2”, so I’ve been wearing heels for my entire life. I prefer heels in the 3-inch range because they let me wear “regular” length pants without having to get them hemmed.
13. I only wear makeup 1-2 days each week. Unless we’re going out to dinner or I’m meeting with clients, I don’t bother.
14. I am always happier giving a gift than receiving one. I take pride in giving thoughtful gifts that reflect the receiver. I believe that the packaging for a gift is just as important as what’s inside.
15. It makes me sad that many of my friends don’t send me birthday cards. This year I did get some text messages and m.yspace messages, which were just as good. I think it’s because I make a point of remembering everyone’s birthday and sending them cards, so I feel slighted that they don’t put in as much effort.
16. I wish I could live in a beach house, but I’m too paranoid about hurricanes to actually buy one. Manly and I have discussed buying a house about 30 minutes north of the shore as a compromise.
17. I don’t like to swim in “outside” water. Oceans, rivers, lakes – if I can’t see the bottom (and everything that’s living in the water that could potentially bite me), I don’t go in further than my knees.
18. I despise voicemail. If I could turn it off on my office phone, I would.
19. When my nails get long, I have this compulsion to bite them off. I don’t bite my nails otherwise; I just can’t stand them to be too long. Usually I keep them trimmed pretty short or I wear artificial nails. My favorite fake nails are the B.roadway brand “real short and square, French manicure”. They look real, my manicure doesn’t chip, and I can take them off anytime that I get tired of them.
20. I played volleyball for 5 years in high school. I wish I could have continued into college, but I was simply too short to play on my university team.