After putting far too much thought and discussion into the issue, Manly and I decided to do a break/DIY cycle this month. I did get to speak to Nurse ES yesterday afternoon about the situation, and she confirmed for me that it wasn’t a problem to skip a cycle with them — I will just call them at the start of my next cycle for CD 3 bloodwork. Now, from that sentence, you can probably infer that I don’t have much hope for this cycle, and it’s true. I usually ovulate on or around CD16 on my own anyway, so we’re still bumping up against that travel deadline. Is there a chance it’ll work out? Sure, there’s always a chance — but it’s only about 3-5% any given month with good timing, and our timing is going to be less than ideal. It’s just not going to happen.
I feel kind of unsure what to do with myself now, like the first day after school ends for the summer. I have a whole month coming up ahead of me that I don’t have to think about timing or treatments or what CD it is if I don’t want to. No pills, no shots, no forced sex, no agonizing over the 2ww. It’s been a long time since I could feel like this, and I think it’s going to be good for me.