This weekend was good. So good, in fact, that I seem to be unable to rustle up any of my standard, “Woe is me – I am defective” angst for you. Therefore, I am going to share some of my happy with you just like I share all the sad.
- Manly got my car re-assembled back into one piece on Friday night. You see, he decided that I needed an additional 150 horsepower at the wheels (and you wondered where he got the name), so he took everything apart 3 months ago to re-do the turbos. Due to circumstances out of his control, the car has been sitting since then, but he finally got everything back together and running. He’s testing it for a few days to make sure everything’s right again, and I should have it back by then end of the week.
- Saturday, I bought new chairs for the patio, cleared the planters off the deck, planted some seedlings in hanging baskets, and got flowers seeds in the ground. I worked hard all day, but it looks so nice outside now that it was worth it.
- Saturday night, we hosted a birthday cookout for a friend. His girlfriend handled all the food, and we just provided the space. I got to see a lot of my friends, watch my dog play with a friend’s pup who visited, and just enjoy the evening. For such a simple gathering, it was a lot of fun.
- I hooked up the dvd player to the tv upstairs ALL BY MYSELF. I found all the little widgets and wires, and got everything together with no assistance. I am so proud of myself, even if Manly laughed at me.
- I spent yesterday sorting and filing all the bills, cards, receipts, and statements that have been collecting for six months. With the added bonus of watching Kevin Smith movies all afternoon on the dvd player that I hooked up ALL BY MYSELF. I’m not sure which one makes me more pleased.
- We went out for dinner last night and had sushi and went for a drive with the new-and-improved turbos.
- I started S.outh Beach this morning, and I think I’m going to be able to do this.
- All the goodies from my S.outhern Living party are being delivered tonight, so I have all new toys to play with.
- I’m taking off Friday (and maybe Thursday, too) to make a long Memorial Day weekend.
- My friend from college has moved back to town temporarily while her husband is waiting on his orders to change bases, and I get to go to her daughter’s 2nd birthday party next weekend. And hopefully I’ll be able to steal her away from her parents for dinner once or twice while she’s here.
Enough happy for you all? I know I’m smiling just typing all that out. Tomorrow’s entry will feature a follicle check and possible conversation with Dr. Local, so stay tuned. Hopefully it will be more good news.